Drops Merino wool is a soft, breathable, natural fibre that’s perfect for keeping you warm and cool. Created from the high-quality virgin wool from the Merino sheep, Merino wool is made of thin, light hairs which happen to be extremely durable.
Drops Merino wool is a wonderful choice for knitting. Available in a range of glorious colours, it’s a great yarn to knit with to create garments that are beautifully soft and can be worn year-round.
Thanks to the natural properties of merino wool fibre, it keeps you warm when it’s cold out, and cool when it’s warm out. And being naturally antibacterial, clothes made from merino wool will stay fresh for longer without needing to be washed as often.
- Ideal for sensitive skin for all newborns and baby garments
- Machine washable on a low heat for when it gets dirty
- Breathable and temperature-regulating
- Doesn’t produce static, it’s just lovely and smooth to the touch
- Anti-wrinkle and doesn’t crease
- Biodegradable and a renewable, sustainable source of wool
All our merino yarn has completely smooth finish, and has an Oeko-Tex® certification (certificate number 25.3.0110), Standard 100, Class I. This means that it has been tested and found completely free from harmful chemicals and that it is safe for human use. Class I is the highest level, and it means the yarn is suitable for baby articles (ages 0-3).